Saturday, September 21, 2013

Couple more pages to Quiet Book

The little girls I am making these books for are 3 and 4 years old.  Flap pages where objects are hidden underneath are appropriate. Here's my new pages. . .



Animals hidden under shapes





Miss bunny can go inside her house and shut the door




Little dog on a chain, can go inside his house and his bone can tuck inside his bowl.
I make sure anytime I use something that could present a danger to the child i.e. the charm on the collar - I sew it on triple threaded and secure it firmly. Little fingers will try to get any item off, so care must be taken.



This is one of my favorite pages - my own design. We made the same design from construction paper for my preschool Sunday school class. We used a brad for the stone to pivot on. Grave clothes are a piece of white ribbon twisted and sewn into place. The stone "rolls" away with a shelf to sit in and a button to pivot on.

No comments:

Post a Comment